Sunday, November 16, 2008

Speaking of Kobe...

I'm reminded of the top secret project I worked on back in February.

I had posted pictures previously, but wasn't really able to say what it all was about.

Well, now that the series has aired in Asia, I can.

Basically, K.B. shot a reality series where he recruited the young future stars of Chinese basketball, stuck 'em in a separate houses in LA. And had them compete for spots on an all-star Chinese basketball team with one of them finally ending up his ultimate disciple.

The kids were all pretty young, ranging from thirteen-years old to their early twenties.

Many of them were taller than me.

A lot of them were pretty talented. I'm excited to see which ones eventually make it to the NBA, as I'm sure many of them will.

Here's the trailer for the series:



I wonder how successful the series was...?

I assume it was pretty huge, because K.B. is HUGE (even bigger than Yao) in Asia. And with the Olympics and all...I bet these kids all became national celebrities...

Anyway. Here are some additional pics from behind-the-scenes:










Because the entire project was sponsored by Nike, there was truckloads of giant-Asian-sized Nike gear for the players to use.




It was a fun couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment