.....................
......................
You have been warned.
......................
.......................
So my foot has been given a pretty little ski boot.

Looks comfy right? Totally harmless. You wouldn't hesitate to touch it.
I must be in heaven wearing this miraculous healing wondershoe that solves all the world's problems, right?
Wrong.
I think back on all the nice soft little walking casts and signed clean white casts of people I've seen over my lifetime. It's such a pretty little package. You have no qualms about tapping it or sniffing it or signing your name and inane little message all over it.
But remember in Se7en, when Brad Pitt got that pretty little package out in the desert and he opened it up and inside it was GWYNETH PALTROW'S DECAPITATED HEAD???
Well that is like what these casts are. We see someone wearing a cast and while we might go "oh. poor guy..." we don't necessarily ever think about the epic amounts of ghastliness that may be lurking just beneath the shiny ski-boot surface. I don't think I ever have anyway.
................
So...my foot is pretty messed up.
You can see this just by peeking at my heel.

I took my bandages off to change my wound dressings as well as to take pictures to send to Dr. Dan and Dr. Jasper so I could have their opinions on whether or not the wounds looked infected.
And here they are:
(Click the pics for the real versions. I promise you they're totally nasty.)



The docs seem to think that everything looks about right considering the circumstances.
Yay...I guess...
The last one is a good picture for someone on a diet. Aka Me.
ReplyDelete