4am on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Can't sleep.
Totally bummed.
This was supposed to be an epic weekend.
Big party at Felix's tonight. Then we were supposed to go to GirlTalk tomorrow.
On top of that I found out that Katie, Megoon, AND TL all had been planning to go to GirlTalk independently of our whole big group going.
God it would have been so fun. It IS going to be so fun. I can't believe I'll be missing it. It was the main reason I came to NYC this week.
On top of all this, I may not be able to fly back to LA right away and may have to begin my recovery here in NY. No idea what I'm going to do or how I'm going to do it. No idea how I'll be able to get back to work. Ankle recovery is generally 6-8 weeks. Ugh.
Already I've cancelled the birthday celebration I was planning for next week.
I run over the whole situation in my head, and there are so many factors that came together just perfectly to make me fall and break my ankle. If we hadn't hit that winning shot... If Felix and AC had played better and beaten us earlier like they were supposed to... If my partner had been anyone other than Todd... If my buddy Peter had shown up on time and we had left the party to go dancing as we had planned to...
I wish I could go back and just do one thing differently and this whole situation might have been avoided.
Also I think karma may have played a part in all this. Eeek.
DOOOD! Sorry about your Leg man. Hope your recovery goes well, but I'm sure it will. This is just more proof in my theory that Beirut can be an evil evil game.
ReplyDelete