I'm at Naia and Lindsay's. In Lindsay's bed. But no Lindsay.
It's 10am. An invisible little man is sitting inside my skull poking at my brain. He is not a nice man. But he comes with the fun from the night before.
I get on the floor, feeling around for my glasses. 5 minutes later, I find them.
I venture into the living room to find a girl asleep on the couch.
I think it is Naia. I take out my camera and take a picture. It flashes.
The girl looks up. It's not Naia.
"Who ARE you?" is the expression on her face. She pulls the blanket over her head and goes back to sleep.
I walk into Naia's room. No Naia.
Where is everybody????
I text Kristy to ask her to please pick me up in exchange for food. I go back to sleep.
Wake up an hour later. The girl is gone. I go over to the computer. Somebody has recently downloaded the soundtrack of RENT!!!
I put on "Another Day". Crank it up. And dance around the empty apartment stupidly.
Morning-after giddiness is the best.
My head hurts.
.................................................
Last night was SO MUCH FUN.
We started off going to Dian's birthday by the fire. It was an intimate little gathering. Wine. Cheese. Beer. Yum.

All the McMasterites were there. And I am looking forward to the McMaster party next weekend. Steak. Lobster. Open bar. Yay.
We went from Dian's to Lindsay's party at Falcon. There was a slight line outside but we only waited 5 minutes or so because Naia came out and helped us get in. Redemption. Yay.

It was ridicuulously fun. We stayed until closing.

At one point, I went up to the bar to get drinks, saw a girl I recognized across the bar, and waved.
The bartender looked at me and shouted "Sit down!"
Puzzled, I did as told and sat down on a stool.
The girl waved again. I stood up and waved back.
"I TOLD YOU TO SIT DOWN!!!" the bartender snapped at me again.
"Why?" I asked, confused as all hell.
"If you fall off that stool, it's not our responsibility."
"I'm not STANDING on a STOOL you ass..."
".......seriously???"
I take a step back.
Then a step to the side.
".........oh......shit....."
"yeah."
"Sorry man...what can I get you?"
"Two bud lights."
He sprints down the bar to the cooler. Pulls out two delicious beers. Sets them in front of me. And pops off both caps in a split-second.
"They're on me."
He got my drinks for the rest of the night.
And with that, I double-fisted my way into drunken oblivion.
Thank you friends for not letting me die.
I was waiting for you to explain how you were in some random's apartment...that would have made a silly twist....
ReplyDeleteoh dennis...the things you get yourself into
I think it's absolutely hilarious that you actually sat down the first time. I sent this passage to my coworkers. Good work dennis.
ReplyDelete