Friday, December 23, 2005

Dan's B'day

Today was Dan's B'day. That means he gets to do whatever he wants and I will go do it with him. No resisting. No complaining.

We ate lunch at Del Taco. Quite possibly the most horrible tacos/burritos I've ever eaten in my entire life. You'd think that a poor man's Taco Bell would be...Taco Bell. But no...it's Del Taco.

We then went to see King Kong.

I wasn't particularly excited about the movie, so I didn't really have any expectations.

I didn't dislike it. But it was looooong. Over 3 hours. Entertaining, but absurdly long. And some of the CGI wasn't really up to par. I must say though, Naomi Watts did an incredible job acting if she was just in front of a green screen the entire time.

After the movie we went home and sat around for a b it. I emptied my wallet to reorganize it, and in so doing so I discovered something very strange, an old fortune from a fortune cookie I got almost six months ago:



Weird, huh?

This is back when I was at G&B. Back before I started this here blog.

I don't believe in fate, but I do believe in fortune cookies.

I once got one that read: "You are the greatest person in the world."

I still have it. Somewhere.

.........................................

For birthday dinner and drinking we went to Sonny McLean's. We had some delicious Irish pub food (and buffalo fingers). I feel bad for all the people that have birthdays so close to Christmas, because noone's ever around to help celebrate. I would hate that.

I feel even worse for people like Meredith, whose birthdays fall on Dec 31st or Jan 1st, a day when everyone is partying their ass off, but it's never about you...

We had some pitchers. Played some darts. Had another pitcher. Played pool. Then went home and watched Entourage.

And I'm sick today.

Nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles.

Hopefully I'll be better by the time I get to Boston.

Happy Birthday Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment