It's even COOLER though when your social circles start overlapping into your television set.
Early last week, Eve sent out an email organizing a little get together of friends (mostly, I think, from college) at El Guapo on Friday night. I did as instructed and forwarded the invite to everyone I know and love. Two days later, Katie sent out another email for another Friday night event she would be attending, celebrating co-worker SpencerSmith's birthday, taking place...at El Guapo. TOTALLY BY COINCIDENCE.
Eve and Spencer have no knowledge of one another. But of all the places in Los Angeles to enjoy delicious beer and taquitos they both picked the EXACT SAME ONE.
I think it is just fate telling me and Katie that we must see each other at EVERY MOMENT when she is slaving away at her silly job.
All signs pointed to El Guapo, and thus everyone who was still in town came.
It was open bar for an hour and then open taquitos/buffalo wings for another hour. There was double fisting.
So last night I came upon a delightful realization. Within these circles of friends, all who just happened to come to El Guapo last night, there live two very important people in my life. John Krasinski and BJ Novak, stars of The Office.

BJ (pictured above) is friends with Eve from Harvard. But what's even cooler is that BJ and John (who plays Jim, and who used to date VVR) are best friends from high school in Newton, Mass.
Ready for another, even more impressive fact?

BJ, in addition to acting, briliiantly, on the show, serves as an associate producer AND writer of the show. (He wrote Diversity Day, best episode ever.)
I was too impressed for words. A writer-genius exists in our midst.
We are going to have to be best friends.
He was also Hilary Duff's driving instructor on Punk'd! DK work your magic. I love you.
ReplyDelete