There's a reason why the word VEAL bears a resemblance to the word EVIL.
We went to the CAA Party at the Palladium. Getting in was no problem. I told them I was Jesse Moore (who was supposedly my date, but we got there before her and so I just used her name)(I hope she was able to get in...)
The place was decked out with lights and tables and casino games and band and dancing and too many bars and lobsters to count. Everyone was dressed to the nines.

And then of course there was the buffet:

Oh...the buffet. Bane of my existence. Complete with chinese noodles, steak, tomatoes/mozzarella, mashed potatoes, 4 different kinds of pasta, chicken fingers and VEAL MARSALA...

Open bar plus Open veal plus dancing is a bad bad combination. Basically I ate so much veal (and pasta and chicken fingers) that at one point I had to stop drinking because I felt like I was going to vomit.
At 12:30 I was the sober obese one in the corner unable to dance, unable to drink, wishing I had veal-self-restraint, while still secretly craving another plate of sweet succulent baby cow. I have serious issues.
In the end I had to remove myself from the situation. I went home. Well actually first I went to the Beanery to share some beer with MikeSacks and Co.
Bobby and Naia frowned upon my lameness.

I'm glad tonight's McMaster dinner is a sit-down. It means I'll receive set portions and have a harder time eating everything in sight...
No comments:
Post a Comment