Saturday, April 4, 2009

Surprise!!!!!

I'm in New York!!!

I trekked through the airports of the world to get here. Without crutches!

It was an amazing feat for me. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to do it. But it wasn't so bad.

By the time I got here my ankle was the size of a baseball though. Should have taken a picture.

Fun fun.

Drinking bloody marys all day made it bearable.



So my flight over was lame.

Well, half-lame.

From LAX to Salt Lake City (I got my ticket for $250 but had to connect) I got upgraded to first class. Delta, WOOOOO!!!!!!!

From Salt Lake to NYC I was #3 on the upgrade list but they only had one seat available and I guess those two other people had more miles than me. Bastards.

So whatever, I got exit row.

But then. The flight attendant noticed my boot and said I couldn't sit there!

I demonstrated that I could walk quite ably and did my one-legged flamingo dance but still he said it was against FAA regulations. What the f????

They stalled the plane takeoff to discuss with the pilot. I argued and argued. Other passengers said I seemed fine and to just let me sit there. (The plane was completely full, not a single extra seat.)

But in the end they said I would either have to squeeze into a normal seat (which, at 6'7" I don't fit into) or get off the plane.

So I swapped seats with a lady in the aisle and sat with my legs crossed and hanging into the aisle for the 4 hour flight from Salt Lake. SUPERLAME.

It's ok though. I don't blame Delta. They're still the best. Fly Delta! (I own stock.)

But I'm in NYC!!!!!!

This indian-themed party tonight is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment