Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dudes' Night Out - KG's Birthday Bar Marathon

So this weekend ended up being a twofer...two sick events in one weekend.

First the Indian Party. And the following night, KG's birthday.

It was a "Dudes Night Out" of epic proportions. A marathon of drinking from 9pm to 4am.

I don't think there's any better way for me to describe how much fun it was than to quote excerpts from everyone else's recaps, starting from the email chain initiated by KG:

KG: I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun I had on Saturday. From the early hookah hour, to Boss Tweeds, to MICHIGAN STATE, to San Loco, to f-ing up my hand on a stupid punching bag, to Boss Tweeds again, to PIANOS!!! (best night I’ve ever had there), to Sing Sing and finally to Artichoke at 4am…I couldn’t have put together a better night if I'd planned it myself. You’re all nuts and I love it.

So the night started at Boss Tweeds. My first game of beer pong in five months. I was happy to see that Todd & Co. have taken to celebrating victories with no-jump chest-bumps.







Dickmoss: oh gawd what a shitshow





Taku: I never realized the power of dudes night. Every month, we gotta make one night dudes night; call it someone's bday if it's not their bday!






Felix: Line of the night from a bar random: "Is this like a bachelor party or something?"

There's only oneeeee....Team KG!






From 6pm to 11pm we were at Boss Tweed's.

After getting kicked out for crowd-surfing, we headed around the corner for some tacos.



While eating, a hilarious discovery was made:



Mark: (looking through Todd's phone) "Why do you have Melissa saved in your phone as 'Melissa Girlfriend'???"
Todd: (shrug) "You know...in case I forget..."

=======================================

We headed to Piano's, fifteen dudes strong.



Somehow we all made it in with no issues and headed straight upstairs to the dancefloor.



Shiri and ConCon joined us.



KG: Shiri is on this email...and ALWAYS welcome at dudes night.
AC: I'm pretty sure Shiri can outdrink Tak.
Tak: shiri is a girl?? wait, but AC, i thought...










Shiri: haha greatest night ever. so glad i got to be an honorary dude!!!





At one point we were all gathered around a long mirror, watching ourselves dance. It was ridiculous.




Some dumb chick saw us mirror-dancing, and remarked: "God. You guys are so gay."

I retorted, "oh you have NO idea." And proceeded to hump KG.




Dave: Excellent night, one of the best I've had in a while... Great night for a great guy KG!!!



Schoenberg: KG's birthday felt like we were starring in a rap video that lasted 6 hours.




KG: While Moss was talking to a hot blonde chick at Pianos, her friend kept trying to come over and dance me up. On three separate occasions she asked me:

“Are you just going dance with guys all night?”

My reply: “uhhh, YEAH”





Todd: Red Eyes, Full Hearts!!!!!!



Around 2 am, Todd - mirror-dancing like a fool - spilled an angry stranger's drink all over the stranger's girlfriend or something.

He profusely apologized, saying he'd get them new ones from the bar.



On his way to the bar, however, he bumped into me and said, "I told this guy I'd buy him a drink, but instead I'm going to run away to Sing-Sing. I'm only telling you. So tell everyone else if you want. But that's where I'll be."

Within minutes we were mobilized and heading to Sing-Sing.

=======================================




Todd: Awesome pictures, awesome night! (right?) Hug!




Sing-Sing was as would be expected.

We bribed the bartender to move our songs to the front of the queue and 'roaked some classic Third Eye Blind and Backstreet Boys. I don't actually remember. But that's what it looks like from the screens in the pictures.








Mark: Good times. GREAT night.



Boswell: I'm not sure when I left, but I don't remember artichokes or karaoke, so I'm pretty sure I bowed out pretty early too. I do however remember mirror dancing, splitting a cab home with 2 fat chicks to save $5, and having a very natural, fluent and feel-good puke fest as soon as I got home. Great great night though -- definitely worth the pain.

KG: Bos...you bounced out at around 3 after we left pianos...strong effort from you. I know I got a lot of birthday satisfaction in embarrassing you in beer pong and hearing you say "I'm sooooo f*cked up" 35 times.

Well there you have it. Generally acknowledged to be one of the greatest nights ever.

And coming right on the heels of the India Party, it was no small task.

I am so glad I picked this weekend to make my comeback.

I LOVE NEW YORK!

2 comments:

  1. we HAVE to go to artichoke. i can't believe i haven't thought of this sooner. it is THE BEST. so glad to see you this weekend! kebab factory was probably like #8 on your epic things that happened this weekend, but it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic. Taku's got the right idea. I vote for a monthly Dudes' Night (West Coast edition), too.

    ReplyDelete