
Ok so this is weird. I went to doctor the other day, planning to get new x-rays to see if my bone had fused yet. (As of 6 weeks ago it was still not healed on the xray but he gave me the ok to start weight-bearing.) The doc basically walked in. Watched me stand on one foot and walk around a little and said I don’t need xrays because it wouldn't change what he would do. In his words, "it’s only the symptoms that matter.”
I seem to be walking ok without too much pain, though I’m still limping a lot, and, as Felix points out, look like a zombie if I extend my arms, but the doc says unless I’m experiencing more pain, there’s no need to get xrays or to see him ever again.
He wished me luck, congratulated me, and set me free.
I don’t know how I feel about it. I know that I’m definitely not fully healed yet. Maybe he just figured he’s not going to make much money off me and since he won’t be operating or anything he doesn’t want to waste his time seeing me?
I really want xrays. I really want proof that I'm healed. If I ever heal.
I think I’m going to make an appointment for when I go back east to see the doc I was seeing in Rhode Island, and maybe also possibly try to see my operating surgeon (even though he just operated on me and never saw me for any follow-ups.)
I am grateful just to be able to limp around.
And ride my bike.
I can go so fast on my bike.
I rule.
I'll bet you are dangerous on your bike! Go, Dennis!
ReplyDelete