Thursday, April 2, 2009

Business Card Designs

Boring but productive day.

I'm throwing together a bunch of business card and postcard designs for my former clients who want them since I'm now going to be offering card design as part of my headshot package.

Business cards...






Postcards...




Wheeee!

I'm kind of annoyed at myself for not thinking of it until now, since pretty much everyone ends up getting a business card made at some point and they end up paying some lame designer a stupid amount for stuff that generally ends up looking craptastic anyway.

See Exhibit A, designed by Actor's Network...




and Exhibit B.




I honestly can't believe someone would hack together such a garbage-looking postcard and think it was acceptable.

I cringe thinking about how many of my shots have gone out looking awful like this and totally misrepresenting my work.

I have my client Leila to thank for clue-ing me into this when she noticed the designs she got back were sub-par and asked for my help in redesigning.

Leila, if you're out there, THANK YOU.






God.

I should have been designing these for people long ago so that I could have slipped my little "dkheadshots.com" link on every single card that went out.

Incredible free advertising and they do all the mailing and legwork for me!

If I had started doing this years ago, my business would be insane right now. Gahhh!

Ah well. It's never too late I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment