Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Goodbye Los Angeles...

A few months ago I got kind of bummed out and went through a pseudo-existential crisis.

Life got stagnant. I felt bored and useless and lonely.

So, I made the decision to spend the summer in NYC and see where that would take me.

.................................

Since that weird little week, life has changed. Things are moving along. Things got better...even great. I'm no longer bored. Friendships have strengthened. New people have come into my life. And it feels a little like I'm cutting out just when everything's peaking, a la Arrested Development or Sex and the City.

I don't necessarily regret my decision to leave. I'm totally excited for two months in NYC. But the flip-side of that coin is leaving behind a bunch of great left-coasters.

..................................

Well...the time to go had finally arrived.

For my last night in WeHo, we got together at Felix for food and drink.










Fubar Jay kept the Sangria flowing.



Old buddies had a chance to catch up and reconnect.



And Naia and Kev became new BFFs.



Also there was a wee bit of dancing.





As the evening wore down, the bittersweetness became apparent, and the supersadfaces started surfacing.








I am sad.

.................................

But two months isn't that long a time.

And New York is a fun place to visit.

Goodbye for now my friends!

2 comments:

  1. WAAAAAAH! my social life is going to blow this summer. thanks, dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Dennis!! LA will be waiting for you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete