Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello New York | Worst Flight Ever

Felix and I took the redeye from LAX to JFK last night.

We flew Virgin. Sat exit row.

Should have been totally smooth sailing, right?

For some reason, though, Virgin has decided that for safety reasons, exit row seats should no longer be allowed to recline.

Now I've been in exit row with non-reclining seats before. But usually they have at least a tiny bit of tilt. Not these. Nope. These were angled at 90 degrees. So you literally had to put in effort to keep your back against the backrest, or you'd be slumping forward.

The result? You're basically sitting on a bench for five hours with your back against totally upright against a wall.

Everyone in our row was miserable for the entire flight. We'd alternate between leaning uncomfortably against one another, trying to fall asleep on our flimsy little tray tables, or just dozing off slumped over, drooling, in a position that couldn't possibly have been good for our spines.

We got into JFK at like 5am. Exhausted.

Luckily I don't have to work today.

Felix? Not so lucky.



At least it's not as hot as I thought it was going to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment