Anne and her fellow New Yorkers all frown upon Carmine's the way LA people frown upon chain restaurants and European people frown upon American food in general.
Huge portions and totally classless.
I don't care.
I love giant meatballs. I love pizza bread. I love Carmine's.
Anne even admitted through a mouthful of meatball that yes it is pretty good.
....................
Upon leaving Anne was like, "Oh I forgot! I brought you the new VF for reading on the plane."
Which reminded me that, "hellooooo I have never seen your office and I SOOOOO want to."
(It's funny how when you work in a world like hers or in something like music videos or something it's inevitable that you start taking your daily life for granted and you forget those younger days when it was all so mysterious and magical and awesome and foreign to you.)
So anyway. Anne said of course I could go see her office and she assured me that nobody would judge me for my ill-attire and giant nosemonster because I was with her and she is universally adored.
YAY!!!!
....................
From the second I walked into the building I felt like I was on the set of The Devil Wears Prada.
Beautiful model-looking women everywhere all dressed to the nines.
People scurrying from place to place because their boss is crazy or insane or mean or all of the above.
It was awesome.
The cafeteria was designed by Frank Gehry and is totally awesome and subsidized and fancy.
And Annie's little office? Well...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Yay for magazine empires and free airplane reading material!
I think I caught a glimpse of my future today and I can't wait until I'm a regular fixture in those offices.
No comments:
Post a Comment