Monday, May 8, 2006

Day Three - Vatican City

Nap yesterday was a bad idea. I ended up sleeping 2 hours at a time and then being unable to sleep by 3am. So I started some very exciting reading, The 5 Rules for Successful Stock Investing.

It's actually quite good. And semi-entertaining.

Around 7am I fell back asleep.

Woke up at 10 and hopped on the 62 bus to Vatican City. I have the whole public transportation system all figured out. I would rock The Amazing Race.

Got to St. Peter's Basilica, which is absolutely enormous. Like Vegas, I don't think pictures can accurately convey its size.



Waited a good 3 or 4 hours in line to get into the friggin' place. But I guess it was worth it.




Also hiked up 900 billion steps to get to the top of the Dome.

Later waited in line for another good couple of hours to get into the Sistine Chapel.

It was smaller than I imagined, but still quite stunning.

Gooma and Mama arrive tomorrow! Only one more night in my hellhole of a hotel room.

1 comment:

  1. our rich family will take care of you! ;) public restrooms? ick. I don't think I could make it.

    ReplyDelete