She went to some fancy Hong Kong studio and paid eleventy billion dollars to have beauuuuuutiful wedding pictures taken.
When they presented her with these, she was less than pleased:



She remarked (in her demure, accented, Hong Kong/British English):
"I don't quite like them."
"My eyes look...stiff."
and "So...strange!"
Translated into American:
"I f-ing hate them!"
"I look like a cracked out flapper-girl from the 20's."
and "Why the f are there teddy bears in my wedding photo?!??!"
These are the worst of the bunch. There were actually a couple that were somewhat acceptable, but she didn't like any of them. So, we went downstairs to the pool and garden and shot some more informal, fun ones. I was a little nervous, since she had paid eleventy billion dollars for the others and those were professionally done and lit and I'm still not used to referring to myself as a professional photographer because, well, I'm not.
But I sucked it up and we went and the couple was really awkward at first but we got over it by doing silly shit and I learned a lot about putting people at ease in front of the camera so I'm glad I did it and we ended up with some nice shots and they were really happy so yay.



I'm having lunch today with my cousin Daniel and his friend "Wildy".
Short for "Wildeford".
Oh, Asia...
Kwans are so PRETTY! Unfortunately sometimes their spouses are not.
ReplyDelete