Thursday, January 29, 2009

New DK Music Video!

There's a lot of talent out there on YouTube. But one thing that pisses me off is the crappy quality of so many webcam videos that people make of themselves.

I've been wanting to do something for a while, which is to take a friend, make a simple but beautiful music video of an acoustic version of a new hit song, and ride the original song's coattails to YouTube superstardom.

Danny and I had been tossing this idea around for a little while. And after hearing Kelly Clarkson's new single "My Life Would Suck Without You", I knew we had our song.



So with nothing much to do yesterday, we got together for the afternoon, shot several takes, and edited the video together just in time for the World Premiere of Kelly's official music video on American Idol last night.



Youtube tends to degrade video quality a whole lot, so I'm hosting the above version of the video on Imeem.

If you can do me a favor though and click this YouTube link and raise our hit count it will be totally awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDACIwR9PL8

We'll see if this takes us anywhere!

It's fun feeling productive for a change.

1 comment:

  1. add &fmt=18 to the end of your URL in youtube, and it will automatically send someone to the high quality version.

    ReplyDelete