Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still broken, so broken.

Went to my new orthopedic surgeon yesterday.

Did some x-rays.

THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME.

MY BONES HAVE NOT HEALED.



Doctor says that it may be because the break is so jagged and unusual.

So I still cannot put weight on my foot and am confined at least another month of more nothingness.

So frustrating.

The doc is going to talk to my other docs and they are going to look into using an ultrasound bone growth stimulator (sounds sexy I know) to try to make things heal faster (or heal, period.).

I'm fine. Just bored. And frustrated.

Please don't feel bad for me. Just be happy for yourselves. Be grateful for your mobility (except you, KG).

Go outside. Frollick. Do a jig. Send me money.

2 comments:

  1. ughhhh... but my little sis had the bone stimulation! it worked! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hardware looks just like mine, except you have two synesdomic (sp) screws and I only have one. I go back 2/4 to see how things are progressing.

    Luck with the bone stimulation. Somewhere on the healbrokenbones blog there's a discussion about cat's purring being beneficial for bone healing- maybe that's a natural bone stimulator? Do you have cats???

    ReplyDelete