Today is the first time I've felt it. True pain.
The last few days have kind of been a breeze. My throat was sore.
Today I woke up and actually felt pain. Stabbing throbbing pain that went down under my tongue, through my lower jaw into the back of my throat and head and into my ears.
Thank god for the internet so I knew to expect this.
I've been spending my days on sites like www.tonsillectomyrecovery.com which are such an amazing resource because they pool the collective experiences of everyone who has gone through this (and felt the need to post). I recognize now though that those who are vocal about it are the ones having the most awful experiences with recovery.
Late last night I think I felt my first scab. You know what it's like to have a scab peel off right? Well imagine one in the back of your throat. Now imagine several in your throat. Now imagine they just kind of hang there and you can feel them every time you swallow and they might kind of rip off slightly (causing you some pain) but for the most part stay there and you have to just wait for them to fall off naturally over the course of a few days because they are helping you heal.
Yup it is the worst.
I took my meds and over the course of typing this out my pain has subsided a little. Thank god.
I found this on the internet. This is not a picture of my own mouth. But it's basically what my mouth/throat looks like. (I have much prettier teeth, of course.)

No comments:
Post a Comment