I went to the hospital at 6am. Went into the operating room at 7:30am.
Was out of surgery around 9am. Sat in the recovery room for a bit with a sore throat. It didn't feel all that awful. Just a little loopy. Must've been the drugs.
Left the hospital around noon.
I hear the next few days is when it starts to get worse and worse as the meds wear off and the burn sites (they burn out the tonsils) start to heal. Bracing myself for the worst but hoping for the best.
I've been sitting up at home doing a little bit of work and just watching TV. Sipping iced water. And eating a little jello and applesauce.
I've heard lots of horror stories. This is supposedly one of the most painful recoveries ever. Some say it's worse than childbirth. Some say Day 5 is when you descend into misery. Hoping I'm one of those rare cases where it's not so bad. Trying to stay on top my med schedule to keep the pain away. I created this little chart to track my food and medicine intake and have set up a bunch of timers to keep me on track.
Hope hope hope this recovery isn't so awful. OK I'm going to focus on trying to watch TV.
Byebye. I love you.



+smalltext.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment