Every morning we would start with breakfeast at this cute little breakfast tapas place that had all these freshly made mini-sandwiches and tapas-y treats like croquettes and stuff. I forget what it was called but we loved it.
The streets of old town Barcelona are soy cute. On this day we hit up a bunch of museums.
We went to the Picasso Museum, which doesn't allow pictures. I took one from outside after we were finished...
Then we explored and shopped...
Love pedestrian-only streets!
My little Tee is so Barca-fabulous.
We also passed by the beautiful Casa Batllo... another Gaudi masterpiece. We'll revisit this place in a couple days.
That evening we hit up Comerc 24 and awesome Michelin-starred restaurant that many people including Katie and Semmesey had recommended to us.
I love making Tee look like a total bitch.
There was a menu...but we just got the tasting menu, so we could try everrryyything.
With Gin Martinis obvi...
Our table looked right into the kitchen. Which was nice because there were some cute chefs in there.
First course was the monkfish with black sesame and black garlic. I'm not usually a fish person. But this fish was unlike anything I've ever tasted before.
Then came these cute little cauliflowers on a rock.
Then came these fillo-parmesan-basil ciggys...
A fancy pizza...
Sponge ceviche...
A special steaming oyster...
Tuna tartare...
(Tee's still working on that steamy oyster.)
Intermission to gawk at the cute chef...
Drunk giggles...
THIS... consomme balls. I don't know how they wrapped each one individually with the thinnest little wrapping, but they looked like little egg yolks. One was egg, one was truffle, one was parmesan.
They poured this incredible broth on it...and it was AMAZING.
YUMMMMMMMM
Codfish with chard and miso...
Oh and because we are pigs and wanted more than the tasting menu had to offer, we ordered a couple extra goodies off the menu.
Duck fried rice with foie gras...HEAVEN.
Some kind of fish with fishfoam...(I'm just making things up now.)
MMMMMM PIGSKIN.
And finally...CHEESEBOARD.
They were so delicious.
And then an assortment of sweets.
Epic dining experience!!!!!













































No comments:
Post a Comment