Day Two of my tonsil recovery was similar to Day One.
Again it was mostly just soreness. I was sticking to my schedule of not allowing myself to sleep more than an hour straight and keeping myself medicated and hydrated. (I read several times online that allowing yourself to sleep for an extended period of time would dry out your tonsils which would lead to EXTREME PAIN.)
I was surprised I was able to eat quite a bit of "food". I had some scrambled eggs, some mashed potatoes, some chicken noodle soup. I had also ordered $80 of baby food last night to be next-day delivered off Amazon.com (I blame the meds and lack of sleep).
The second I had my first "sip" I deeply regretted my decision. It was revolting.
Thank god I know a couple babies I can hand this off to...
Near the end of the day I started to feel mucus in the back of my throat...just hanging there.
The annoying thing is there's not much I can do about it. It's too painful/impossible to cough it up. And it's part of the scabbing/healing...so I have to just let it sit there and wait it out...for the next several days. Ughhh...
I've heard from everywhere that even when things start out great, they get worse...and Day 5 of recovery is supposed to be torture.
We shall see... I'm bracing myself for the worst but hoping for the best.
d.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment