Thursday, January 23, 2014

I am in hell. | Day 8

Today was my worst day so far.

I had pain all day and trouble swallowing all day. And I've been bleeding off and on.

I knew it was going to get bad. I know I'm already SO lucky for not having been in extreme pain the whole time and not vomiting blood and not being able to swallow anything. I know I know. I was freaking out before surgery because I knew what I was getting into.






Still, I secretly hoped I would be that special person who sailed  through this stupid tonsil recovery thing like it wasn't no thang.

I'm terrified of going to sleep because for the last 30 hours anytime I fall asleep for more than half an hour my throat dries out and I wake up bleeding and having to gargle cold water for 20 mins or so to make it stop.

I honestly haven't slept for more than two hours straight since my operation last Wednesday. 

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I've been emailing with my doc. She says a little bleeding is normal. But if I start bleeding massively to call her and/or call 911. I don't think it'll get that bad. I also might go in just to see her during office hours tomorrow just for peace of mind.

Also. Confession. I hear people lose 15-20 lbs while recovering from tonsillectomy because of this soft-food only diet. But yesterday I liquefied a meatball in a blender and mashed it up with some mashed potatoes and ate it... and it was DELICIOUS. I've probably lost like 2 lbs.

So basically this has been awful and I'm still obese.

Yay.

It's not that bad. I know I'm going to be fine. I'm just so sick of recovery and not eating real food and not leaving my freezing apartment and being terrified of sleeping and talking like a quiet little mouse.

Oh and being super constipated from pain meds.

TMI? Sorry.


I'm going to work on a blog post about something fun and fabulous so that I can feel better about my life.

Be right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment