Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 7

So the mucus-y scabs from my tonsillectomy have started falling off of the back of my throat. It's totally disgusting and really painful.

It's like...they're kind of like scabs, except that they're wet. So they'll start peeling off... but half the scab is still attached. So I can feel the semi-soft mucus ball like dangling in my throat, but it's still attached to a hard scab that is still attached to the wall of my throat. And I can't try to get it out because if the scab gets pulled off before it's ready to fall off I could hemorrhage and die.

And if tthe scab does come off all the way (so far I've hacked up two massive semi-bloody mucus scabs and they are revolting) the skin under it is super raw and sensitive. And somehow this all causes a lot of pain not just in my throat but also in my ears and I just want it to be over with ahhhhhh.

Anyway, I'm glad I read about all this and knew what to expect. It's like the final stages of recovery. But it's the most painful part. And I just have to deal with it.

Sorry for grossing you out. But it's better to read about it than to have to live through it.

Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment