We gave up on the drinking and focused mainly on eating.
Also, we spent an afternoon walking around this cool little area with lots of colorful buildings.





Also we toured a soccer stadium...


And did some more walking around the city.


At one point, back in that colorful area of town, I was walking down the street and I noticed two girls on bikes about 50 feet away coasting slowly toward me. One was staring at me intently. I get stared at a lot, so I'm kind of used to it, but for some reason I stared back. As she came closer, she KEPT STARING. I made a weird face at her, like what the hell are you looking at. Suddenly she yelled, "DENNIS!"
I was stunned. I blinked. Twice. And was like, "...awhaaaaa?"
She stopped her bike and got off.
"DENNIS!"
I was like, "uh...hi..."
She came toward me, arms outstretched, "Aren't you going to give me a hug?"
I have never seen this person in my life. I gave her a hesitant hug.
OK. So obviously this girl knows me somehow, and obviously I should know who she is... I played along, hoping that I'd solve the mystery at some point during our conversation. We made small talk about when she had arrived and when I was leaving and what we've been up to down here. About 5 minutes into the conversation she's like, "Wait. Do you not know who I am?"
I winced, "Sorry....I really don't..."
Turns out she is Taku's friend Michelle, who he was staying with last last week when he was visiting LA. We had met at the GOOD Party and had been talking about how we were both going be in Buenos Aires at the same time, but of course I had been slightly inebriated and had absolutely no recollection... Also she went to Brown and we had met at Campus Dance. (Again, I was probably intoxicated.)
But even weirder?
OK. Here goes, try to follow.
So during my conversation with Michelle, it somehow came out that I am from Barrington. Michelle is best friends and former roommates with Kristin G., also from Barrington, also went to Brown, who I am also friends with and grew up with but haven't talked to in about five years (different friend circles, you know how that goes). One thing I didn't realize was that Kristin G. is now also a photographer! "Yes! She's a photographer now in NYC! You should definitely get in touch with her again. I'm sure you guys would have a lot to talk about." I made a mental note to email her at some point.
So we part ways. I can't believe how many random people I've bumped into in Buenos Aires. I get home to Tee's place and check my email. And I have an email...from KRISTIN G!!!
How did this happen? Well it turns out that while I was busy bumping into Michelle, Kristin G. had just bumped into Taku in NYC! They had somehow talked about how he had just seen me in LA and that I had just taken his headshots and stuff and that we should talk since we're kind of doing the same thing. Weird?
WEIRD.
Our world is too small.
No comments:
Post a Comment