Friday, September 22, 2006

Arrival: Buenos Aires

So I got an exit row seat from LAX to Houston, no problem.

I got to Houston and the 10-hour flight to Buenos Aires was booked full.

As soon as I got out of the plane I made a beeline for the first Continental ticket agent I saw, a rotund dirty-blonde with saggy features and horrid makeup.

"Hi...how are you...I was wondering if there´s any way you could possibly help me get an exit row seat."

She looked up lazily. "I´m sorry sir. It´s a completely full flight..."

"I´m just worried that I might not fit in the seat."

"Well...I´ve checked in Yao Ming before, and he was flying coach, and if he can fit, I´m pretty sure you´ll be fine," she replied with a slow-blink which is basically the professional equivalent of rolling your eyes.

I was like "Bitch, Please."

But I guess you can´t really argue with the Yao...

I sprinted to the gate where people were already boarding and begged the lady there to just put me on a list. Any list. Just write my name down on some paper. She said fine and scribbled down my name on a napkin. 5 minutes later I had an exit row seat. Nice...

..................................

Tee picked me up at the airport. We went back to her apartment. Took a nap. And went to lunch at 3pm at a cute little yummy place.



We ate a giant bowl of french fries avec mayo.



Then I had saffron rice topped with lamb tenderloin.



All prices here are the same as the US, but cheap. For instance the lamb tenderloin-rice thing would be $24 in the US, here it´s 24 pesos...which is 8 dollars.

We just went shopping.

And now we´re internetting.

This is going to be fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment