Thursday, October 6, 2005

Wingman Wanted

I was supposed to go out to Micky's tonight but my buddy flaked out on me. Actually I was planning to flake out on him anyway, but he flaked first. I was kind of relieved. But it made me kind of sad too.

I hardly ever do gay stuff out here.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love hanging out with the friends that I have. Love drinking, love dancing, love standing outside trendy clubs hoping to maybe get in... But while the straight boys and girls are off hooking up (often times with each other) or Double-K is having dating drama with one of her seventeen boytoys, or Eugoogoly is getting hickies, or Demily's having sweet passionate married-person sex, I...have nothing.

No excitement. No drama. No dating.

I went from dry spell to NYC craziness to what I'm pretty sure is now another dry spell.

I desperately want to find a wingman.

A Goose to my Maverick.

Hell, I'll even be Goose if I have to be.

I just want to get out there.

I used to think going out alone was fun. But I think I was just deluding myself.

IT IS NOT FUN.

It seems like the few gays that I actually get along with and enjoy going out with either live in New York, have moved to Japan, or are monagamously coupled.

I want to find a wingman like Yeebee. Someone you can always count on to want to go out. Someone who you can make a total ass of yourself with. Someone who you can take pictures of throwing up and who will still be your friend.

Yeebee I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be gay for you, but alas, I am not gay. I am also a girl. So we do appreciate the same gender, at least. I am sorry I can't be a wingman for you. I am good at picking up guys though. If you want to go to WeHo this weekend I will go with you.

    ReplyDelete