Monday, August 3, 2009

Will Work for Sleeping

So I was searching craiglist for a super comfy new pillowtop mattress.

Was looking to spend about $250 or so...

Found a GREAT-looking one for $450 that was originally purchased for $1200.

I emailed the girl to see if she'd sell it for $200.

She laughed in my face but said she'd come down to $350 but I'd have to pick it up on the Upper East Side from her 6th floor walk-up, strap it to my car, and drive it back downtown. But she was moving so I had to get it by Sunday.

Hmmmmm...

I saw her email address and, being a professional Facebook stalker, found her profile and realized she was an actress.

I love actresses. They pay my billz.

I asked her if she wanted new headshots (a $575 value) in exchange for the bed.

She said yes please. Her agent had actually JUST requested that she get new photos.

I took some pictures.



I got a free bed.



(I know what you're thinking and yes you are all welcome to sleep over anytime you like.)

It is SOOOOO comfortable.

Like seriously. It is 1pm. Smileyjohn won't wake up.



(FYI craigslist is THE BEST place to find a mattress because people are always moving and have a deadline and are desperate to get rid of their mattress and because it is the thing you SLEEP ON it is always the last thing to go and because it's such a huge pain in the ass to move and everything you can usually negotiate a sweet deal.)

I am so happy with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment