Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy Marathon Work Weekend

So it was busy busy weekend in NYC.

Life moves so much faster in The City than it does out in LA.

So I woke up early Saturday (after going out until 4am Friday night) to meet up with Anne and shoot this silly silly video (currently editing) by following these ridiculous instructions.

After the shoot we grabbed a burrito and I prepped for my first big photo shoot of the weekend.

The Jackson Five. Four kids and mommy. The four kids all had the most striking eyes and perfect skin.

That shoot took all afternoon, with changes taking half an hour to an hour. (Mom was really particular about styling.) But in the end the kids all looked impeccable. So it was totally worth it!





Immediately after that shoot, Cousin Jon and fiancee Jen met up with me for their engagement shoot.





That last shot (above) is my favorite new "dead baby" type of shot. Basically I tell the couple I'm photographing to walk slowly holding and consoling each other as if their baby has just died. Fun fun.

Following the shoot we had a delicious Italian dinner after which I headed off to SombreroFest 2009.

Again I got home about 4am. Had a couple hours sleep before waking up for my first Sunday shoot, the incredibly handsome Aaron Tredwell.



That shoot was super easy. (Photographing good-looking people always is because you don't have worry about finding trick angles and hiding double-chins or lazy-eyes.)

So with a couple hours to kill before my afternoon engagement shoot, I popped up to NYU for lunch with MAO at Dojo.

Mmmmm...healthy...




Following lunch I headed way uptown to Central Park for an engagement shoot for referred clients Leo and Hayley.



They were cute and also pretty easy to shoot.

My foot was exhausted though from walking around all day so I hopped in a pedicab out of the park. Fun!




I then headed over to ConCon and Kristen who hired me to take a few pictures for them for their Mommy for Mother's Day.




Dad picked me up on his way to Hong Kong (he flies out Monday) and we met up with Cousin Jon and fiancee Jen again for yet another meal at Kabab Factory before heading out for my third night out in a row. (Will post pics from that soon.)

Got in around 4am again. Woke up four hours later to prep for a last-minute photoshoot with this awesome guy Eddie who booked me last minute on Friday.



Grabbed a burrito, then headed to the airport for my flight back to LA!

I am crazy!!! NYC is crazy!!! I love it!!!

WORK!!!! MONEYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment