Saturday, December 13, 2008

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

Oh wow my foot is so super-swollen like a giant pork knuckle thing if a pork knuckle looks like what I think it looks like.

We spent the entire day out and about (first time in a while) and went to Boston, had sushi lunch, watched Slumdog Millionaire (AMAZING) and came back to Providence and went to Chili's for dinner.

Oooh. Just googled and found a picture of a pork knuckle.

This is what my foot looks and feels like right now.



It was all worth it though.

Sushi?

Amazing.





Chili's?

Yummmm...



Slumdog Millionare?

Unless you have no heart or vomit violently at the sight of Indian people, YOU WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE.

Absolutely incredible.

Did you watch the trailer when I posted it last time?

Just watching the trailer again fills me with joy.



You HAVE to see it.

It is phenomenal. It is uplifting and beautiful and heartbreaking and such a vivid, amazing, accurate depiction of India. Anyone who's been there or plans to go there has to see it. Frieda Pinto, who plays Latika, is THE most beautiful Sasian I have ever seen in my life.



And some of the 4 year-old kids who played the little slum-children were actual slum-kids that were discovered and cast, and they were so adorable I couldn't help but wonder if this little slumdog who crossed our path for no more than 10 seconds back in March might also be destined to one day become a Slumdog Millionaire.

Things happen for a reason. Destiny. I believe.

This movie makes you believe.

SO GOOD.

All caps. It deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment