Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Life As An Office Drone

So I found a sweet temp job to keep me working (and making money) while I wait for my shooting schedule to fill up.

I've been working at Movielink.com. It's basically like Netflix, except you download the movies.

Temping is great because I think people expect the absolute worst from you and so if you do even the simplest thing right you're already going above and beyond expectations and they love you. I finished my first assignment a day ahead of schedule and so today was left with absolutely nothing to do except read the Go Fug Yourself archives and find websites and forums to post more free DennyKwan advertisements on.

Sure there are times and I feel totally bored and am like THANK GOD I don't plan on living this life forever. But it's great. Forces me to sit in front of a computer. Allows me to do my real work when I need to (I can take days or afternoons off if I've scheduled a shoot). I listen to music, do my "work", don't have to take any calls, and nobody really bugs me.

And I get a sweet double monitor, fancy cubicle, and a $900 Aeron chair!


1 comment: