Meghan left. I was getting no work. I scoured websites trying to scrounge up clients wherever I could. Craigslist, Myspace, random Asian websites...I sat around for hours doing nothing but posting to random forums trying to get people to my site and get my web hit count up. I resorted to such pathetic techniques as posing as super-satisfied customers and bashing other photographers. It was not a proud moment.
Eventually though I got up to like 100+ hits a day, but still no calls or emails.
Nobody was biting.
My temp agency wasn't even calling me.
In addition, I was told on some random forum that I stupidly submitted some work to that my headshots were "too edgy, too shadowy, and not really headshots."
And then Blackout Thursday came.
I had one photo shoot scheduled for Thursday (yesterday). I shot my client. It went really well. Then I got one call after the next. Double-shoot Saturday. Shoot next week. Shoot while I'm in Boston. Shoots for August. Referral from a friend.
It was an excellent excellent Thursday.
On top of that, I've been marketing mine and Bjoern's new wedding site to wedding planners around the state, country and even internationally. I'm positioning us as a celebrity/high-end wedding photographers. People are interested!
How cool will it be to shoot celebrity weddings and crazy exotic weddings all over the world??? Pretty sweet. Bjoern is ecstatic. I am ecstatic.
And then we went to Q's.




In case it isn't obvious, Kevin has quickly become my new favorite boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment