This article about today's Saints Parade made me cry a little:
http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2010/02/saints_super_bowl_parade_inclu.html
I'm at the airport waiting for my flight.
And I'm seriously thinking about just hopping in a cab and going back downtown because I am dying inside knowing I am going to miss the Parade..........
GAHHHHHHH WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOOOOO
Update: OK my flight is delayed. Which I suppose could be a sign. But I have made the responsible decision to stay with my plan and not be impulsive despite the fact that I am missing a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Yes. I think I should just get on my flight. If I go to the parade my head might explode from happiness. All my friends will be there taking pics. It will be fine. It's just a parade and the aerial view will capture it better than just being in the massive crowd. I've seen parades. I was there for the victory party. I've had my fun. It's time to go home. Meatballs await.
Yes. Good decision.
Plus I'll probably get trampled.
Or shot.
Did you hear that 3 people died in New Orleans during "celebratory misfires" on Superbowl Sunday? That's what I heard this morning.
I'm going to go stuff my face with airport jambalaya now so that I'm so weighed down that leaving the airport isn't even an option.
parade. fo sho. unless its too late...?
ReplyDelete