Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Half-assed Vegas

We woke up early Tuesday morning and continued on our way to Vegas.

Clearly the excitement of early last night had worn off. Now we just wanted to get there already so we could go home.




It was beautiful and snowy out!







We pulled into the city around noon.



Just in time for a buffet!

We hit the Rio since the last time I was there it was awesome.

It wasn't as awesome as I remembered.

But definitely enormous. And cheap-ish.

We stuffed our faces.







We are monsters.



After buffet, we broke out my wheelchair and started wheeling it around when a random screw fell out from somewhere and my left wheel started wobbling like crazy.

Eeek. Not safe.



We got another one in minutes courtesy of the Bellagio front desk.



Being immobile in Vegas really makes you realize just how enormous the place is.

Navigating around a single casino is distance enough, forget about going from one to another.



Danny was a sport though, and wheeled me everywhere I wanted to go.




We went around the Bellagio Fountains, did some shopping in the Forum Shops, and ended up at Caesars playing Video Blackjack.



Finally we ended up at the Venetian, which is SO much nicer than its Macau counterpart.



We dined at the Grand Lux Cafe.



But still stuffed from lunch buffet, I ate only a dessert.

The most delicious dessert I've ever had.

Strawberry Shortcake.



The picture doesn't accurately convey the size of this thing. It was the size of my head.

So that was our Vegas trip, probably the most low-key trip I've ever had or will have.

Need to get rid of this damn broken foot already.

No comments:

Post a Comment