For now I have to just write about how I'm feeling because I know so many people are dying to know what is the method behind the complete madness that they've seen and read.
So this week, for anyone who is on my email lists or been in my presence, I have been TOTALLY CRACKED OUT CRAZY.
Yes I have been drunk but it has been more than just that.
Diana cornered me yesterday and said, "Dennis. I care about you. I have to ask you a question. Please answer me honestly. Are you on some kind of methamphetamine?"
To that my official press release answer was, "Hahahahaha. No... I'm a 6'7" Asian. Clearly there has and has always been some crazy hormonal weirdness at play. I am high on life. And I will never touch the crackrock unless Whitney Houston herself offers it to me.
That's funny and all, but I really have been reflecting on why my actions and emails have been so crazy and effusive (see previous posting).
What I have to say is this:
There are no adjectives to appropriately describe how fucking (I think I have been swearing a lot because I think it helps to accentuate all my adjectives this week) inspired I am by Katie's courage and honesty in going on this epic journey of self-discovery that is currently experiencing. She's throwing herself wayyyy outside her comfort zone. (Rio, from what I hear, is fucking awesome but scary and should not be near ANYONE's comfort zone.) She's doing it alone. And she's willing to acknowledge all the preconceived notions she has developed coming from the crazy privileged background that she and so many of us share and yet is still able to compare them (the preconceived notions) to her pure and basic human emotional responses. That is incredible.
I told her...this is your journey of self-discovery...but what if this is your calling?
What if you were meant to travel the world and report back on the human condition and the beauty of all the cultures of the world coming from your objective pure and flawlessly articulate point of view????
I don't know. I'm sure she will find her way no matter what thanks to her incredibly supportive parents. Nick and Lori, if you're on here. I think you guys are amazing.
Mom and Dad...you are too. I know you haven't always been supportive of what I do...but I know that you are now. And for that I am eternally grateful.
MY LIFE IS PERFECT AND I KNOW IT.
I am surrounded by beautiful wonderful people. I have an amazing job that allows me to meet even more beautiful wonderful people. I travel wherever I want, whenever I want. And I can work wherever I go. AND I LIKE MY WORK.
Katie's blog and overall journey being so inspirational (coupled with Brendon's simple little myspace quote) has inspired me to transform my blog from superficial hottie-fest to a collection of entries that hopefully inspire so many of my peers who are in the process of half-life-crisising to just do whatever the fuck they want to do and to do what makes them happy. Mom and Dad, I guess this goes for you too.
I know I have lucked out genetically. And I thank god (who I may or may not believe in) for that.
Live. Laugh. Love.
I'm not sure if I heard that somewhere or if I came up with it in a moment of delirious happy drunkness.
But I think it's a decent mantra.
There may be more annoyingly cheesy entries like this in the future, but I'll forewarn you and tell you when we are about to return to hottie-fest.
Katie I love and miss you so much. Mom and Dad and Kristy, thank you for your constant support without which my perfect life would be impossible.
Read Katie's blog: http://k-d-g.blogspot.com and shoot her some love via blog comment or email (kdelguercio@mac.com) because I'm sure she misses us as much as we miss her.
Over the next few days I will tell you all about my crazy hottie-filled weekend, my first pseudo-date, the crazy girl drama, and the fact that I'm working on a new reality show and will probably finally meet the Yao.
Love always.
Live. Laugh. Love.
Mom and Dad...you are too. I know you haven't always been supportive of what I do...but I know that you are now. And for that I am eternally grateful.
MY LIFE IS PERFECT AND I KNOW IT.
I am surrounded by beautiful wonderful people. I have an amazing job that allows me to meet even more beautiful wonderful people. I travel wherever I want, whenever I want. And I can work wherever I go. AND I LIKE MY WORK.
Katie's blog and overall journey being so inspirational (coupled with Brendon's simple little myspace quote) has inspired me to transform my blog from superficial hottie-fest to a collection of entries that hopefully inspire so many of my peers who are in the process of half-life-crisising to just do whatever the fuck they want to do and to do what makes them happy. Mom and Dad, I guess this goes for you too.
I know I have lucked out genetically. And I thank god (who I may or may not believe in) for that.
Live. Laugh. Love.
I'm not sure if I heard that somewhere or if I came up with it in a moment of delirious happy drunkness.
But I think it's a decent mantra.
There may be more annoyingly cheesy entries like this in the future, but I'll forewarn you and tell you when we are about to return to hottie-fest.
Katie I love and miss you so much. Mom and Dad and Kristy, thank you for your constant support without which my perfect life would be impossible.
Read Katie's blog: http://k-d-g.blogspot.com and shoot her some love via blog comment or email (kdelguercio@mac.com) because I'm sure she misses us as much as we miss her.
Over the next few days I will tell you all about my crazy hottie-filled weekend, my first pseudo-date, the crazy girl drama, and the fact that I'm working on a new reality show and will probably finally meet the Yao.
Love always.
Live. Laugh. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment