Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HK to BKK: "On is OK?"

with guest-blogging by Anne

Woke up early and said goodbye to little Zoe who I guess was sad to see us go...



Early morning flight to Thailand.

Annie no like.



Meanwhile, Felix skipped around gleefully, kicking his heels.




On the plane, Annie slept. (With a bra on her face.)



While Felly gamed on the DS I gave him for Xmas.



Three hours later we were sitting in traffic in beautiful Bangkok.

The 45-minute cab ride from the airport cost us ohhhh about $15 total.

Bangkok is so cheap.



The Shangri-La was very pretty.

First fancy adult hotel I think any of us have stayed in independent of our parents.




Our suite was spacious.



With nice big king-size bed.



And a bidet!



Also we had a great view of the river.





When we were checking in, they told us the room we originally reserved could not accomodate three people, and thus they were switching us into a suite at an additional cost of $150.



However, we later found out that the extra $150 (or $50 a person) included free giant buffet breakfast (to be seen in the next entry) AND 5pm-8pm free unlimited cocktail hour + high tea-snacks in the lobby bar overlooking the river sunset.



Yay!








After cocktails I think we were all pretty trashed and we decided to walk around.

We walked down our little street.



Discovered the greatest little coffee shop with amazing coffee.




And then decided to get massages at our friendly neighborhood whorehouse massage parlor.

I personally kind of hate massages due to a prior experience which involved bruising and screaming, so I opted for the one-hour head and shoulders massage.

Felix and Anne decided to go for the pricier ($10/hour) full-body oil massage.

They tried to give them a shared room and they were like no no no no no...

Actually maybe I should let Anne tell the story.

Anne?

.........................

I have so much work!!! Wahhh!!!!

Fine. I'll do it. But only because this was one of the funniest things that happened the entire trip.

So Dennis passed out within seconds of his sitting down for his head/shoulders massage.

They led me and Felix upstairs to a row of rooms with massage table/beds and tried to put us in the same room. We insisted on having separate rooms. Still they tried ushering us into that room.

(You have to understand that the Thai commonfolk barely understand English and thus it is difficult to really communicate anything to them.)

Finally though we managed to get private adjoining rooms separated by the thinnest walls ever.

I wrapped a towel around myself and got down on my table and my massage began. It was AMAZING.

Then I could hear Felix shuffling around in the next room.

"Can I keep them on?....No, Is it okay keep on?...Um, On is okay?"

I could barely contain my laughter.

As Felix came to tell it later, the masseuse was literally on her knees trying to pull his shorts off while he was trying to communicate to her that he did not want a happy-ending massage. Throughout the course of his massage, the woman kept making her way toward his groinal area and he would have to politely redirect her. Very relaxing I'm sure.

As for me...everything was great...until my masseuse-woman straddled me...and massaged my boobs. Awkward.

1 comment: