I started this blog a few years ago with the intention of showing off my beautiful friends.
Or at least I thought I did.
I am superficial to an extent. I don't deny it.
But what I maybe failed to mention is that each of these impossibly gorgeous friends and family members is also an incredible person both inside and out.
No one better embodies the absolute purity of spirit, love, generosity, and a bunch of other really nice descriptors, than Katie Muthaf*ckin Del Guercio.

Read her awesomely inspiring blog and see if you can argue otherwise.
We all can be bitchy. And judgmental. And snobby. And superficial. And flawed. But if you are a good person at the core, the beauty shines through and trumps everything.
Of course not everyone understands my little Katie. (She is after all just another crazy PMS-ing girl. :-))
But she wants to expand her mind and be the best that she can be. Because that is what it is to be human. That is the reason God (who I may or may not believe in) put us on this silly little rock and made us the smartest
Beauty will only get you so far...but by becoming more aware, of yourself and the people and things and beauty all around you (and beauty IS all around you. You just need to know where to look. Or know Photoshop.) ...you can achieve perfection.
Live. Laugh. Love.
I might be rambling. But maybe not.
I am a crackhead.
lol/lmao/rofl/hahaha/xoxo/rip/etc/etc
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment