Tonight...I saw Jennifer Aniston.
"Saw" is the key word. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet her.
I'm confident that the meeting will happen at some point. But tonight it was only a sighting.
Brie called me around noon today with the pant-wetting news that Jen and Vince would be attending the Ashes & Snow exhibition at 8pm this evening.
Now I wouldn't do this for just any A-list celebrity, but come on, it's JENNIFER ANISTON. My future BEST FRIEND. I arrived promptly at 7:50 to assist Brie in greeting her.
And I was not disappointed.
At exactly 8pm a black Porsche Cayenne rolled up and the pair hopped out (Jen in tears because the whole thing was a surprise for her birthday). Gregory (Colbert, the photographer) met her with an embrace, quickly introducing her to Brie (who got to shake her hand), and immediately they were whisked away into the museum, disappearing forever.
I would have stayed to meet them as they emerged, but in the end they ended up staying a couple of hours (the place had been emptied for them), probably making out in movie room.
She looked beautiful, as would be expected. And as she greeted Brie, with a simple, "Nice to meet you, Brie," the warmth of her voice was instantly recognizable.
Someday, my friends, she will be mine.
update your blog, dammit.
ReplyDelete