Monday, November 7, 2005

Good Day/Bad Day

Heidi woke me up to tell me a funny story about how her dog died and she arrived late for class and was already really upset but then was informed that half the class had gone to do some work in another building and she should join them so she turned to walk out the door, but instead faceplanted into the wall really really hard and everyone saw and she turned back around to the class, which was speechless, and just started bawling and said, "it's just been a really bad day..." as she ran out of class.

The fact that I was the first person she thought of and that she found the situation hilarious and called within a minute of it happening while tears were still streaming down her cheeks is the reason I love her so.

HEIDI I LOVE YOU.

Later, I went to a delicious Italian lunch with Meghan and her friend Ben at Trastevere on 3rd St. which was truly delicious. I brought my Yao Ming jersey and was all ready to return it when I realized I had brought the wrong receipt. That sucked. Got back to my car. Realized I had lost my parking ticket. That sucked even more. I ended up having to pay the maximum amount.

But yay! During lunch I got a call from the office of Ian White, fashion photographer, wanting me to come in to meet with them in a couple of hours. Hooray! Things might be looking up.

Went home. Changed. And headed to Venice to meet with Ian and his studio manager Helen. The meeting went very well. I think they liked me very much and realized that though I am about as inexperienced as I could possibly be, I am intelligent and would pick things up quickly.

We chatted for a good 45 minutes.

Shook hands.

I left the office.

Walked back to my car.

Got in.

Looked down.

Swore.

Smacked myself.

And zipped up my fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment