Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Oprah's going to Heaven!!!

Kristy and I just sat and watched the entire Oprah show from today. She was reporting Live from the Superdome or whatever in Houston. It was the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

I actually have it on my TiVo if anyone wants to watch it. It's much more informative than watching the real news. She actually has cameras on the ground interviewing people, capturing footage of corpses, injured people, feces, more corpses, and they actually go INTO the now deserted Superdome.



It's so horrible. People dying and being left in the water and the corpses exploding with pus and disease because of the gas that builds up in the intestines from the decomposition. Gang fights inside the Superdome where there are tens of thousands of people and families trying to survive. And in darkness might I add. 15,000 people living in an enclosed stadium without electricity while people are getting shot and murdered. Stories of children and babies being raped. God. Police officers who have committed suicide and 80% of which are now homeless and many have worked for 5 days straight because they are just good people doing their jobs. Sick/injured people that are hurt beyond repair being left "to die in peace" among hundreds of corpses in the makeshift morgues in the New Orleans AIRPORT. Diseases that will be spreading in the weeks to come because everyone has been wading around in water that has 45,000 times the dangerous bacteria content.

It's so absurd that George Bush is starting an investigation into what went wrong. Look in the mirror you dumb donkey ass. On top of that the federal government is blaming all the local governments for not doing enough. What the hell are local officials supposed to do when their homes and resources are all UNDER WATER and they have no electricity?

It is so sickening and sad. I can't believe Oprah actually went down there. Walked through crowds of dirty disgusting diseased people who all wanted to hug and kiss her. And she actually let them touch her. She talked to them and hugged them and kissed and comforted them. I'm so worried for her health. It's a silly thing to say. But I'm worried that she's going to get all these horrible diseases from all the sick, helpless people just because she is such a good person.



I wish I could be that good a person. I wish I could go and hug those who need hugs without worrying for my own safety or health. But unfortunately I know that tomorrow or the next day I'll just go back to being the same selfish person, worrying about my job and seeing my friends and having a good time. In the scheme of things and humanity I suck.

Oprah deserves every single cent that she has.

Kristy cried for the full 45 minutes. I'm going to donate some clothes or something tomorrow. God knows I have enough of those and who knows, maybe there will be someone who wears size 36 Length chinos.

1 comment:

  1. Dennis, don't erase that episode, I meant to call you this morning when I heard it was going to be on bc I wanted you to tivo it.

    ReplyDelete