Thursday, June 19, 2014

Welcome to Sandy Lane

I've been to some fancy-ass places...but this place. Sandy Lane. OMG.

Pictures really don't do it justice. When I first looked at the website I thought, "this DOES NOT look like $1000 a night resort..." but when you roll into the gated property and walk through the main lobby onto the gorgeous marble (?) terrace overlooking the beach and ocean...it all makes sense. 

It is breathtaking. (Kristen and Chrispy have been here. They can attest to its epic-ness.)



The wedding planner informed us that there are currently multiple celebrities on-property.

Over the past couple days she says she's seen Tiger Woods+1, Pamela Anderson, and Tim Tebow (accompanied by a gorgeous man who may or may not be his boyfriend).


It is beautiful... but it is unbearably hot and humid. I spent all evening sweating into my jeans which is pretty much the worst feeling in the world.


Also I am on the lookout for Rihanna, who apparently stays at Sandy Lane whenever she's in town.


The pool is cray. We are having a pre-wedding pool party there tomorrow.


Tonight kicked off with a fabulous welcome dinner at this amazing seaside restaurant, Lone Star.



There were appetizers of individual wild mushroom truffle and squash raviolis. (Giant ravioli! One for each person!)

SOOOOO good though.


There were some incredible tomatoes and mozzorellas...


Jerk pork on a bed of braised cabbage, plantains, and bacon that was TO DIE FOR.


And Seafood Linguini with noodles that were cooked PERFECTLY...


There was Creme Brulee


And also little donuts. YUM YUM I AM OBESE


Oh and then we went back to Sandy Lane where we partied in the private villa that had been rented for the week and had a little afterparty poolparty.

There was some semi-famous DJ handling the beats who was one of several DJs who had been flown in for the week's many events.


I left to get a good night's rest since I woke up at 5am to catch our 8am flight this morning and tomorrow is another full day of food, sun, and fun.

Night 1 of 4!

Cannot believe this time next week I will be in the mountains of Colorado doing this all over again with some of my favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment