Before I headed to Barbados I had asked a couple friends who spend a great deal of time there places I should see/eat if I get a free moment to myself. (I did not end up getting any free time to myself because the week was so well thought-out with every single meal already taken care of and pre-planned.)
But at the top of everyone's MUST list was The Cliff.
So of course they had the whole restaurant reserved for us and only us.
One of the most stunning and unique settings I have ever seen. This place was INSANE.
I got there in time to watch the sunset to take some decor photos while tables were still being set up.
The design of this place is flawless. If SoHo House had a Barbados location, this would be it.
The guests didn't arrive until after this epic sunset. Sad for them. Yay for me. (I was sweatier though.)
So you see that little canopy thing there in the bottom of the above photo?
Well that is for rain. And it is retractable.
It rains off and on all the time in Barbados. And for the purposes of this party it was really cool because they could flip a switch and that entire lower level would be tented in less than 2 seconds.
There was of course a DJ DJ-ing cocktail hour which took place on the upper level (you walk in on the top floor since The Cliff is, well, built on a cliff...
So once cocktails were done, the music changed and the roof retracted and revealed the incredible table setup downstairs. And everyone gasped.
Also there was a Russian component to the wedding so there were CONSTANT vodka shots.
Agghhhhh so epic!!!!
And the food was divine.
Crab cakes...
Gnocchi and Penne...
Tuna Tartare...
Scarrops...
And the moistest most delicious chicken I have ever eaten in my life.
The DJ played semi-dance beats throughout dinner and people were dancing at their tables, it was awesome.
When dinner ended...the transition was incredible. Laser lights came on and a DJ booth was revealed and pyrotechnics exploded and smoke machines filled the entire place with dreamy smoke and fire.
It looked like a party on a fiery pirate ship.
People were SO sweaty, but we just embraced it.
Did I mention we were sweaty??? Barbados is weird because it is SO HOT but there is dress code EVERYWHERE. No shorts or sleveless shirts allowed anywhere.
It was SO much fun. And this was only night 2 of 4.
Everyone went to an afterparty back at Sandy Lane. I had to "work" so I went home to back up pictures and get some sleep/air conditioning.






























No comments:
Post a Comment