Well a couple weeks ago our dear friend Quail had a freak running accident where she stubbed her toe and ended up shattering her hip socket.
It may or may not be worse than a trimalleolar ankle fracture. Equally awful, I'd say.
You get to stay off your injured leg for 4+ months. You get to re-learn how to walk. You probably get to have metal stuff in you for the rest of your life...
Well, I popped in to have lunch with our Quailfriend, and she seems to be in good spirits. She's recovering at her friend's fancy home in the Palisades...things could be worse.


She's keeping busy, writing a bit.
Oh the krutches. They back memories.




Don't worry Quail! Things will get better. Just enjoy the free time you have.
Lots of positive things come out of Krippledom.
Remember how I got to be on American Idol like 20 times?
Or how I got to skip all the lines at Disneyland?
Or how we befriended Smileyjohn and gave him his nickname?
All these things would not have happened had I not been a Kripple!
And furthermore I probably never would have moved to NYC, which basically changed my life for the best.
Everything happens for a reason and there will many good things to come from this Quail! Just wait and see!
No comments:
Post a Comment