Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Poster! / Career Update

I blog a lot about my random adventures and nights out, so a lot of people don't realize that I actually do WORK sometimes.

And the past several months have been truly amazing.

In addition to having about 16 weddings lined up until Felix and Connie's next Memorial Day, my headshot business has really exploded.

I just redesigned my bulletin boards at Actor's Connection and TVI Actor's Studios and I have to say, my new poster is pretty sick.



These bulletin boards sit in a big "Photographers Gallery" as advertising for all the actors that visit these studios for classes, auditions, etc. and they bring in a ton of business.



If you want to view the thing up close you can click HERE. (And then click it again to zoom in.)

................................................

Part of the reason I moved to NYC was that I felt like things were kind of stagnant in LA and that being in NYC always really forced me to push myself to the next level.

I feel like in LA it's easy to get lazy and just lounge around, happy with the status quo.

It's sunny. It's warm. It's not that expensive to live. And you can get stuck.

Everyone in NYC always seems to be doing SOMETHING to push themselves to get where they want to go, and I just love that energy and drive.

Since I moved here almost two years ago now, I've really focused on marketing myself a lot better. I've gotten in with several agents and managers who send me a ton of clients. And I just think I've hit my stride.

I used to get upset when a client would flake on me. Now I couldn't care less.

I used to get really nervous before client consultations because if I didn't land the gig, I'd feel like a failure and worry about paying for rent, for gas, for meatballs etc. But now the only thing I get nervous about is overbooking too many gigs or clients in a single day or week.

It's amazing to look back 5 1/2 years to the week I got fired from my first and only "real job" and to the very blog post where I decided to become a professional photographer. I really didn't think I would be where I am today doing what I'm doing. I mean...I almost took a job as an assistant to someone's BUTLER for gods sakes. Life could be VERY different right now.

So yes. I am feeling really content and accomplished today.

I could do exactly what I'm doing for rest of my life and it would be a great life.

But I'm confident I'll continue to grow. And fashion photography will probably be the next step. I've been saying that for a while. But I really think it's time. And who knows what the next five years will bring. But I'm excited to find out.

Thank you as always to all the wonderful people who have supported and encouraged me along the way. I hope that you all enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy and are living the life you want to be living.

1 comment:

  1. Hope one day I can say the same. You are an inspiration buddy! Truly! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete