Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Epic Gym

Remember how Felly and I were working out at Dolphin Fitness for a while?

Well that got old. Fast.

So, I was walking by the awful Hollister Store @ Broadway and Houston a few weeks back when I noticed that the 24 Hour/Derek Jeter Fitness they were building was finally open.

I stopped in and it was the NICEST 24 Hour I have ever seen.




There are different types of 24 Hour Fitness Clubs. The ones in LA are all "Sport" or "Metro Sport" level, while the ones in NYC are all "Derek Jeter Ultra Sport". So my current membership level didn't qualify me to use the club and I would need to upgrade.

But they are SO much nicer.

They give you towels. And the lockers all have digital locks so you just punch in a code number and program it to lock and unlock it. And there are little Cleaner Mexicans that basically follow you around and wipe up whatever sweaty mess you make. And it's never too crowded. AND all the cardio equipment has a personal screen with an iPhone hookup so you can play all your awesome workout music videos right there on the screen in front of you. Sooooo coooool.



So anyway, I needed to upgrade my membership, and normally they charge people around $120 a month to join.

BUT, because my existing national "Metro Sport" membership is already amazing and costs me only $24 a YEAR and has me signed to a lifelong contract, they can only make me pay a maximum of $35 a month extra to use the Derek Jeter clubs.

Considering that's a few bucks less than what my Dolphin Fitness membership cost it was a no-brainer.





If you live in the SoHo/NoHo/East Village/LES, join my gym because I want you to work out with me. And I can get you a better deal so let me know.

Oh, also, Derek Jeter supposedly works out here.

1 comment: