Monday, October 23, 2006

My how quickly things can change.

This weekend had been one of the best ever, but at 9pm Sunday evening, things were not happy in the world of Eggfurious.

I had had a photo shoot today that I think I rushed because I came very close to running out of light and I didn't feel like I had my A-game on when I seriously should have because the girl was stunning...like a Cindy Crawford/Eva Mendes/Anne Hathaway/Jessica Simpson hybrid with brainnnnns.



Then, having just come from a delightful lets-talk-about-the-impending-divorce Italian dinner with the family (quite possibly our last) featuring screaming, crying, and a little more screaming, I was hoping to get my hug on with a special boy but that didn't really work out. Whatever. I'm over it.

Kind of.

Not really.

But at that point I very briefly considered hurling myself into an oncoming train. (Not really.) (But kind of.)

Or at least curling up into a ball of meatball-eating obeseness.

I felt depressed. Deeply depressed. And lonely. And I hardly ever feel that way.

Happily though, a light opened up from the heavens when I got a call from Anne, who wanted me to come up to the Upper West Side and hang out.

It was really wonderful. We shot the shit for a good hour or two, drank several Blue Moons, and I went home once again a happy, optimistic person.

I love people. I love good people. And I love good ridiculously good-looking, warm-spirited people.

I mean who could ever feel depressed with this beautiful face smiling upon you?



No comments:

Post a Comment