Friday, August 11, 2006

B.O.T. - The Betrayal

It started out a sweet enough day.

Bobby came by and took me out to yummy pasta lunch at I Cugini on Ocean Ave..



Then Kathy came up and took me out to a fancy Mexican dinner complete with Sangria...



And super fancy Shrimp Quesadilla.



This was followed by pregaming...



And a short trip up to Bel Air, where Thesy was having a viewing party celebrating her guest starring role on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. (We opted out of our usual Blackout Thursday plans in favor of the very exciting-sounding "Mansion Party".)



As you might be able to tell from Brianne's face (just seconds before she clocked hat-dude) it was not the rager we quite expected.



Katie endured an extremely awkward encounter with a very strange individual. Doris was berated for being German (and thus responsible for killing the Jews). Eugene was kind of just being weird and drunk. And I left with messy unsalvageable sweat-head.

All-in-all it was kind of a strange mix of people (i.e. we didn't know them and they are therefore strange). However, Thesy is moving up in the world and that is of course very exciting and I am proud of her.

I did sneak over to Q's afterward, just in time to catch Matt and Ryan on the cusp of some drunken inappropriate behavior and was quick to remove myself from the situation.

So now here I am. Home. And I feel the need to end with a sincere apology to the entity that is Blackout Thursday.

Dear B.O.T.,

I am so sorry. So very very sorry. I promise never again to ever betray you.

I am thankful for the wonderful mix of wonderful people that you bring together once a week at the glorious institution that is Q's Billiard Club in Brentwood, California, and vow to never again take it for granted. It was a foolish foolish mistake.

I love you.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. I believe my face is actually in response to the fact that he was wearing a sweet tshirt with my favorite band on it. Or maybe I was going to hit him in the face. You never can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet wondrous BOT, I shall ne'r desert thee again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear more about the neighborly drunken inappropriate behavior!

    ReplyDelete