Thursday, August 7, 2014

Beyonce / Jay-Z Concert @ the Rose Bowl Pasadena

So I was in LA over the weekend to shoot our friend Priya's wedding down in the OC.

On Sunday night after the wedding I heard Jay-Z and Beyonce were playing at the Rose Bowl so I decided I HAD to go.

I just saw someone post a picture from AT&T Arena in SF where the show is tonight, and it's the same stage setup. They were wayyyyy up in the bleachers...

We were here...


I went to the concert with Wes and Peter who had made AMAZINGLY current tshirts featuring some of the brand new lyrics to Beyonce's "Flawless" Remix featuring Nicki Minaj which had come out less than 24 hours prior.


They made me one too. I have to admit I had no idea what the lyrics meant (because I am, as they say, "basic" or "a Basic Bitch")...and we got lots of other Basic Bitches commenting on the shirts and not getting them...but all the TRUE fans got them right away and LOVED them.


Also at the concert with us was my buddy Dahni...I am sad we didn't have a shirt for him.


Our seats were sooooo close to the stage.


The best was:

BB: "You wish I was your...flan?"
PH: "POUNDCAKE"

Jimmy Kimmel was a few rows in front of us!



We were right in front of the B-stage. And could look back and see alllllll the people with less awesome seats than us.


Bey and Jay came out looking FIERCE.

DISCLAIMER: All of these concert pics are taken with a pocket partycam and not a professional camera!


I think they opened with Bonnie & Clyde. Bad. Ass.


The stage was massive and featured tons of dancers and an amazing lightshow.




Jay-Z did lots of his hits...but most people were there to see Yonce and everyone knew it. He was more of a supporting act.



There were tons of outfit changes...







The visuals were sick.





And Beyonce and her dancers showed LOTS of their beautiful bums...


It was a SEXY show...




One of my favorites was this one where they had a filmed a bunch of dancers for the LED displays and they kept multiplying and it looked like there were way more dancers than there actually were...



Booty!!!!




The crowd went crazy whenever Jay and Bey hugged or smiled at each other or touched since there has been so much speculation lately about impending divorce rumors...



They put on a great show though...both figuratively and literally!!!


God damn god damn god damn!!!




Another awesome moment occurred between songs when Bey came out and just STOOD THERE waiting for us to applaud.


She had a great poker face and must've stood there for a good 5 minutes until our sound level met her approval.


Only then did she smile and start singing again...



During this duet with Jay and Bey I got some awesome captures...


And some hilarious ones...


That could definitely help fuel those rumors!!!


She then hit the B-stage behind us wearing a white wedding gown.


She was facing the rest of the stadium so we had to watch her on the big screen.


It must've looked amazing from way up in the bleachers...


She got very emotional during If I Was A Boy...



And then it was time for Single Ladies...



The last segment was pretty epic too.


The power couple sang on the main stage...


And then walked over to the B-stage...just a few feet from us!


This black and white flag dress was gorgeous...




They made everyone put their "lighters" up...


It looked really cool...




As Beyoncé sang "Halo" to a big-screen montage chronicling the beautifully epic life and family that she and Jay have built together, you couldn't help but hope that the rumors are false and that it all works out for them in the end... I love them so much.





I love this photo.



Jay + Bey 4 EVA!!!



The End.







OMG getting of the Rose Bowl was THE WORST. We literally stood in lines for over an hour just to get on a shuttle to get back to the subway (driving would have been even worse).

This place holds like 60,000 people.


But in the end it was so worth it!


Thanks again Wes and Peter!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment