

But knowing they were all going to become millionaires in less than a week had to sweeten the deal A LITTLE bit.



Today Facebook goes public.
And basically everyone you see above becomes a 1%-er.
I am so happy and so envious at the same time.
Envious, because, well, who wouldn't want to be in their shoes by the age of 30?
And happy because everyone I met last weekend was just truly wonderful people. And when you see people that deliriously giddy, you can't really do anything but be happy for them.
It's weird what I do. As a wedding photographer, I spend anywhere from 12 to 24 of the most intimate hours possible with a bride on the most important day of her life thus far. I get to know her best friends and her closest family members. I hear their stories and their secrets and their jokes and their drama. And I soak it all up. And most of time, if things go well, by the end of it, I feel like I've known them for years. And hopefully, vice versa. That's why I love shooting my friends' weddings as well. As a guest, you get to spend maybe 10 minutes of quality time total with the bride or groom. As a photographer, it's your job to be at their side ALL DAY LONG.
So yes, after this wedding I felt like these were some of my closest friends and so I'm happy to be sharing in all their joy and success.
Crazy to think that just a few years ago, Facebook HQ was a bunch of young recent-grads or almost-grads drinking wine in a rented house....

And this is Facebook HQ yesterday, on the eve of its IPO.

Definitely inspiration to dream big and a reminder that a lot can happen in a year.
So Congratulations and Happy IPO Day to all my Facebook friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment