A few months ago I went to the premiere of Machine Gun Preacher
Apparently that movie made $.5 million at the box office, so clearly NOBODY saw it except me and Naia, and the issues that film shined (shone?) a light on failed to attract a massive following.
Well, a couple of days ago, a new 29-minute film started spreading like wildfire across the internets. I'd been pinged by it several times before finally deciding to sit down and watch it today.
If you haven't watched KONY2012 yet, it's time.
Watch it fullscreen.
Sure, there are critics. And of course these problems aren't one-dimensional and we as individuals have to do research and find out as many facts as we can before we throw money at a shiny new cause with a really epic marketing video. But I think that the awareness and overall good that IC is bringing to the world can't be ignored.
No comments:
Post a Comment